Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, April 30, 2020

STFAH: Day 39

Today sort of felt like a non-day. I got up around 11am, which is ridiculously late. I watched some stuff on Youtube, then did an episode of Black Lightning, and then my movie. And that's about it. I took out the garbage and recycling and had to take the bag of compost back with me cuz apparently they take the bin out Thursday afternoon for Friday pick up. Lesson learned. The one item in the mail was a letter from the IRS telling me about the $1200 stimulus check and it had Trump's signature on the bottom so I definitely tore that up into small pieces and threw in the recycling. I did rinse and stack the dishes and filled/ran the dishwasher. I also washed a couple of large pots by hand that wouldn't fit in the dishwasher.

I was going to make muffins, and I suppose technically I still have time for that...We'll see. I can also do that tomorrow. I've been working on a grocery list so that when we do our every-other-week shopping this weekend, I can keep better track of items. The hard part is, we're in a new neighborhood and we moved right when this started so we haven't had a chance to memorize the new stores and where everything is, so it takes us longer to find everything.

Last night, when I should have been going to bed, I was up rearranging the wires in our living room. There were some redundancies and I was able to move a few things around to make everything more out of the way, and more safe. And I don't know about you, but electrical safety is a high priority to me!

Today's Alphabet Movie letter was S, and I went with 1994's The Shawshank Redemption.
This movie comes highly recommended to me by two different people who I trust with movie judgement, and they were not wrong. This is a great movie and even though there's nothing supernatural or creepy going on, you can feel the Stephen King touch in the story. Somehow I have managed to live this long and never see this movie. It's the kind of movie though that almost makes you want to rewatch from the start when you see where it was all leading. This is another great one from this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment