Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, April 2, 2020

STFAH: Day 11

Today I woke up at the crack of almost 11am...I was wiped out from yesterday's outing with my foot still not being up to snuff. Luckily it wasn't too sore today, though. I did some rearranging of furniture and set up our decontamination station by the door. Took out a set of garbage and recycling. Made my usual giant batch of Swedish meatloaf for me to freeze all the leftovers. Now it's starting to feel like "home".

Last night we had a stinkbug take up residence on our window in the living room. She was still there this morning so I named her Sally. She moved around all day and was so cute to watch, but I think she's gone now and I feel a little bereft. She was so cute to watch! Maybe she'll return...

Lots of Supernatural, well into season 14, and the last season currently available on Netflix. We decided to do a Twin Peaks rewatch next since it's shorter, and then it's time for a Charmed rewatch. Good times!

I got an email that my Spice Market order shipped today so it'll probably show up Monday or Tuesday. I'll take pictures and share them when it arrives.

I've decided to jump onboard the sourdough bread bandwagon since baking is all the rage these days and there's no yeast to be found anywhere. I have 1.5 packets left, but with sourdough you use the natural yeasts in the air. Should be fun and I'll definitely document it and share it through my food blog. The internet is a great resource, but I found a section on sourdough starter in my Little House on the Prairie cookbook, a book dealing with all the recipes mentioned in the books. I've always said that if I was in the middle of the wilderness trying to survive, all I'd need is the Little House books to get me through. And it turns out I was right!! I'll probably start that next week since it takes several days to start.

Swedish meatloaf, asparagus, toast, and baked potato for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment