Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, April 29, 2020

STFAH: Day 38

Today was a pretty nice day. Nothing too extraordinary happened. Watched some more Youtube videos, and a couple episodes of Black Lightning before settling in for my movie. I did a few chores, finished a sudoku puzzle that took all day, and didn't peek at the answers once! It was rough, but I made it.

The highlight of my day was probably my walk outside. My foot is basically pain free now and I am also no longer limping. The hardest part now is continuing to pace myself when I want to go longer, further, and faster. But my thigh and leg muscles are sore because not only do I have to rehab from my foot injury, but I was trying to rehab from my knee injury when I hurt my foot. Literally the first day. So, I still technically need to rehab from my knee injury as well as my foot. All very good reasons why I cannot go too fast. I have to pace myself or something else might happen.

Dinner tonight was a chicken paprika recipe that was pretty good, but I'm holding out my final judgement for tomorrow after leftovers. It called for pasta on the side, but I still have so much rice leftover from the last two days that I just used that instead. I was able to use up a lot of the veggies in my fridge, which is always nice. We're planning a trip to the store this weekend so I'll get more fresh veggies then.

Today's Alphabet Movie letter was R, and I found a movie called The Rainmaker, from 1997.
I had never heard of this one before but was impressed with the cast, and then I saw it was Francis Ford Coppola directing, I knew I had to try it out. I thought it was actually pretty good. There were three cases that Matt Damon's character takes care of as he begins his career as a lawyer, and you really find yourself caring about all of them. If you like legal shows and courtroom dramas, you'll like this one too. Definitely check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment