Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, April 11, 2020

STFAH: Day 20

Pretty lazy day today. Slept in a bit, and watched movies for the most part. We finished out season 2 of Psych, and watched the first Avengers movie as we jump back into our MCU rewatch. I made an apple and grape pie, using my dad's apple pie recipe as the base, but tweaking it a bit. I haven't tried it yet so I have no idea if it's good or not.

My second Wayfair order came so now I have a cute and comfy mat to stand on at the kitchen sink. I picked that up after taking out a load of garbage, recycling, and compost downstairs.

I read for a bit while elevating my foot. The swelling has gone down a lot, but it still gets sore after standing on it for a while.

Now we're moving into our Easter tv/movie list. We started with the Easter episode of Vicar of Dibley, and now we're watching the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. How is that an Easter movie, you ask? Why, because of this line, of course: "Gooses, geeses, I want my goose to lay gold eggs for Easter!" We'll probably get through a good chunk of movies tomorrow as well.

Leftover Azteca for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment