Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, April 19, 2020

STFAH: Day 28

So, today was generally a good day. I made a Greek-seasoned roast chicken with matching roast potatoes and asparagus and it was amazing! We watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding while eating because today is Orthodox/Greek Orthodox Easter. Then we watched The Hunt for Red October in honor of Tim Curry's birthday, and had bacon and pancakes for dinner. All around awesome food and movie day!

On the chore front, I did two loads of laundry and the by-hand dish washing. I also swept the kitchen floor. Not exciting, but necessary.

Then I read about the protestors in Olympia and was so disappointed and outraged. These people don't have the right to endanger everybody else. One of our state's representatives actually advocated shooting cops who try to interfere with people trying to fish. How dare they? If the people advocating for this were not white there's no way they wouldn't have been shot or hauled off to jail, but because they're white, they get a pass. It's absolutely infuriating.

Not much else of note today. Back to my Alphabet Movies tomorrow. I want to vacuum. We'll see if I manage to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment