Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, April 15, 2020

STFAH: Day 24

So, today was a low-key day except for the exciting moment that was devouring my first sourdough biscuit!! I will be doing a proper food blog post hopefully tomorrow, but I think it was a success! I'm going for actual bread next week.

I have been using my mornings to watch some of the longer youtube videos I bookmark over time when I don't have the time to watch it. Some of them are dead links, so I'm just deleting those, but this has been a good chance to catch up on those videos. Normally I would go from that to working on writing, but today I went from that, to the movie, and then worked on my writing in the afternoon. I had a to-do list with three items on it and I only managed to get one of them done. Like other people have been saying, it's clearly not "not enough time" that keeps me from getting chores done. It's just cuz I don't feel like it, I guess!

I read and elevated my foot while dinner was baking in the oven, and then I made the biscuits, baked them, and then devoured them! Now we're settled in for an evening of Psych reruns and either crossword puzzles, or copying out recipes. We'll see. No plans for dinner yet for tomorrow. We'll see what I come up with.

Today's Alphabet Movie letter was H, and I chose the movie Hope Springs Eternal, from 2018.
This was really good. The basic premise is a teenaged girl dealing with cancer goes into remission and has to deal with the emotional fallout of that. How could you possibly have emotional fallout from going into remission, you might ask. Well, because it's a change. And change is hard to deal with. This movie deals with it really well, and opened my eyes to the fact that things that are good can still come with emotional baggage and issues. It's why it's so important that we talk to people about their feelings. I highly recommend this one! My sister has a movie she wants me to watch that begins with I, so I'll write about that tomorrow. So far I've been getting all my movies from Netflix, but she has the dvd of this one. We'll see how it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment