Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, April 25, 2020

STFAH: Day 34

Today was a pretty nice day. I woke up in a more timely time and spent the morning reading in bed. It was quite lovely. For lunch, we called in an order from Heaven Scent and picked up some fried chicken for me and chicken strips for my sister. We worked in my sister's room for a bit and I put up the last of the pictures in the hallway. It looks really nice now! I also took out a bunch of recycling/garbage/compost too.

We have so much stuff to take to Goodwill now and nowhere to put it because no place is accepting donations right now cuz of the pandemic. We are putting it all in our treadmill area so I'm not able to use it until we get rid of the stuff. I am being forced to go outside to do my rehab walking. Fortunately, it's pretty flat around here and I can walk as slowly as I need to. I take my mask with me and wear it whenever other people are around. My foot was sore today and when I walked, it was cramping up pretty badly but it actually feels much better after walking. Maybe it just needed to be stretched out. A nice warm shower probably helped it too.

We tried to watch Miss Congeniality today since it's "The Perfect Date," but the dvd died part way through and wouldn't work in either player so we're going to have to buy a new copy. Fortunately it's not expensive so we'll probably get a new copy soon. I was pretty sad that our movie plans were ruined, but there was nothing to do but get over it. We watched an episode of Psych and now we're into our MCU rewatch. We finished Thor: The Dark World, and now we're watching Captain America: Winter Soldier. We'll continue tomorrow too.

Some exciting news for me: Last night I finally successfully did a sudoku puzzle! I guess it takes a while to get the hang of it.

Oven-baked French toast and sausages for dinner tonight. I think it was the best batch I've ever made. Also on the food front: I think my sourdough starter is officially dead. I need to decide if I should just be done with it or if I should try it again. It just never got bubbly enough and I don't know what I did wrong. It's kind of a pain to deal with, so if it's not going to pay off, I'm not sure I want to deal with it. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment