Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, April 3, 2020

STFAH: Day 12

Kind of a lazy day for me, even by these new standards. Mostly just lounged in front of the tv. I uploaded Kanopy and Hoopla, two movie/tv streaming services from the Seattle Public Library to our Roku and uploaded a murder mystery with Aidan Turner we'd seen before and wanted to watch again. It was fun to use those new devices!

The big excitement for me was my Spice Market order arriving. I can't wait to try these out and I will give reports!


I love Greek flavors, so I bought extra of that one. I might try it on pork chops and potatoes next week...

I emptied out a pickle jar with a lid and am going to work on soaking off the labels this weekend so I can use it for my sourdough starter. No, the sour won't be from pickle juice! It'll be very well washed before I use it!

Almost finished with the last of Supernatural currently available on Netflix. We decided to go with something funny next, so after reading about USA's Psych marathon starting soon, we decided we need to do a full Psych rewatch. There is no better show to get you through tough times than Psych!

My foot is still slowly getting better but for some reason my knee is starting to hurt a little bit again too for no reason that I can discern. Maybe my doctor was right. When all this is over, maybe I need to look into some physical therapy to work with my knees and feet, cuz this is getting ridiculous!

Leftover Swedish meatloaf tonight. So tasty...

No comments:

Post a Comment