Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, April 1, 2020

STFAH: Day 10

Today was movie day. We had gotten It: Chapter 2 from the library before we moved and they all closed, so it moved with us and will be with us for some time to come. We finally watched the movie and all the specials. I just don't find this newer version to be terrifying, but it is poignant. I grew up with the miniseries from 1990 and to me that was much scarier, but less poignant. I think they both have their merits!

Being the first of the month, I tried out the new online rent payment system that our new place uses. Rather than use a debit or credit card, that both charge a fee, I used an ACH payment from my checking account. It seems to work just fine!

Our original plan was to make and eat our meals this week and then do grocery shopping and take out on Friday. The meatloaf ingredients were still too frozen, however, to work with them, so we swapped things around and did shopping and Red Robin take out tonight. I picked up the new Star Wars while I was at Fred Meyer, as well as our Easter ham! We hope to not have to go to another store in person for a full two weeks now. And Red Robin, at least at Northgate, has a great set up for take out now. They have a side room that they opened the wall to so customers don't even enter the restaurant to get their food, and the interaction with the server, while less than 6 feet apart, is in an open air area, so it just feels safer than having to go inside and wait for food to go. I was very impressed and would definitely do that again. Especially now that they have these little mini doughnuts that are really delish. I highly recommend!

The new ritual instituted today after getting back with bags of groceries and dinner, was the disinfectant stage. Bleach wiped every single item, unless the item could be opened up and the contents removed and the package discarded. Then I laundered all my clothes and showered. Good times!

Then I got the sink under control and ran a load of dishes. We're doing a lot more loads of dishes because we're both home and making and eating all our meals here. Now we've got Pinocchio on Disney Plus, and resting my foot which is pretty stiff and sore and worn out from walking so much today. Not as bad as I thought it would be though, so that's good.

BLTA croissant sandwich and cup of clam chowder plus a couple of Erin's onion rings and fries, and the doughnuts for dinner tonight, btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment