Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, April 26, 2020

STFAH: Day 35

Well, today I truly did stay at home! I didn't even leave the apartment! Today felt almost like a typical Sunday, with the exception of no grocery shopping. I did two loads of laundry. Sunday is my usual laundry day and I've kept that going this whole time. I got the sink under control, did a load of dishes in the dishwasher, and I also wiped down the stove.

I made the decision to throw out my sourdough starter and will keep the jar I was using, but I don't plan on trying it again for a while. It just doesn't get warm enough in my apartment and there's nowhere I can set it that would get a consistent level of heat to make it really work out well. And if I wait for warmer weather, I'm not likely to want to use the oven to bake anything, so it doesn't make sense to do it then, either. I'll just keep an eye out for yeast to make a comeback at the store and buy my sourdough bread already made from a bakery or grocery store. I also didn't like how it made my apartment smell, so there's that too. But it was a fun experiment while it lasted. Maybe another time.

I successfully completed a sudoku puzzle from start to finish today, which was very exciting. I'm definitely getting the hang of it!

But the majority of my day was spent watching movies for our MCU rewatch. We started off with Guardians of the Galaxy, then moved on to Avengers: Age of Ultron, and then finished off with Ant-Man. We're now watching Fantasia for our Disney movie rewatch. All of this was courtesy of Disney+! We have it all on dvd but I didn't feel like digging them out. It's been nice to just pull it up on the screen.

I don't have many big plans for the week to come, except for my water challenge. I wrote out a chart and starting tomorrow, for the entire week, including the weekend, my goal is the drink 8 glasses of water a day. I know I haven't been drinking enough water, so now's the time to get back on track with it. Who knows, I might do some baking this week too. I still have a lot of applesauce to use up. Dinner plan for tomorrow: pork spare ribs with bbq sauce and rice. If my asparagus is still good, I'll have that on the side. If it's not, canned greenbeans will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment