Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, April 23, 2020

STFAH: Day 32

Well, today was a rather frustrating day. I tried sudoku for the first time and I totally sudosucked at it. As a leo, there is nothing worse than something making me feel stupid. I feel like I can't give up after two puzzles but I don't like that I couldn't immediately pick up on even the simplest level of puzzles. And then my Alphabet movie was crap, but I'll get to that later. And I didn't write even though I should have and wanted to so I feel very unaccomplished today. Also, I think I may have cooked my sourdough starter when I was trying to heat it up and it might be dead now. I might try it for pancakes or something and see what happens but it's definitely not ready for bread yet. Disappointing all around, really.

There were a few good things. I rewatched Much Ado About Nothing in honor of Shakespeare's birthday. Joss Whedon's version is probably the best I've seen of that play. I watched an Angel reunion video on youtube last night and thought to myself it would be fun to watch the movie soon and then woke up to find out it was Shakespeare's birthday and figured it was too perfect a time to pass up.

I also baked an applesauce bread, which is like banana bread but with applesauce. I have an open jar I need to start using up before it gets moldy since I'm not using it for my work breakfasts right now. I found several recipes to test but started off with the bread. I added craisins to it and it turned out really good! Quite tasty.

I also managed to do some time on the treadmill but now my foot hurts again. There's like, one spot that keeps hanging onto the pain. I read for a bit and elevated my foot but I guess it's just another good reason I'm doing every other day to start walking again.

I also did a few chores in my bathroom, which is nice. So, I guess it wasn't all bad. Now we're watching Psych. Dual Spires. The best episode they ever did.

Ok, now for my Alphabet Movie. Today's letter was N, and I chose a movie called The Natural, from 1984.
This was a big mistake cuz this movie sucked!! It was long, boring, and barely had a plot. Like, I still don't actually know what it was about, it was that bad. Do not waste your time with this one. Hopefully tomorrow's movie will better!!


No comments:

Post a Comment