Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, April 6, 2020

STFAH: Day 15

So, today my sister returned to work so I forced myself to keep a bit of a schedule again and it made a huge difference! I ate breakfast at breakfast time and worked on my writing successfully for over an hour! I made my sourdough starter and will share pictures if it starts to work. I started my Alphabet Movies, which was really fun to just pick a movie at random and have a couple hours enjoying something I've never seen before. I ate lunch during the movie and got the sink ready to run a load of dishes. Then I got the recycling under control, picked up the mail, and set up our new garbage, compost, and recycling buckets for use, and swept the kitchen. I also looked up and found a really easy 5ish minute arm workout using my 2lb. weights that worked out really well. I might start doing that every other day. Especially since I can't walk right now, I need to so something for exercise. It really helps me sleep better and feel more energized. I'm going to look up other workouts I can do.

One of my newer favorite meals as I started exploring healthier meals, was my grain-based salad. Farro, generally, is my favorite base. I decided I had all the ingredients and could try out my new Greek seasoning blend. I prepped enough veggies for today and tomorrow, made homemade tzatziki sauce, and marinated a diced up chicken breast. The seasoning is amazing! I'm so excited I got it. I'm going to have lots of delicious meals in the future!

After dinner prep, I showered and read in bed for about an hour while elevating my super swollen feet! I really need this sprained foot to heal!

Today's letter was A, and via Netflix, I selected the 1995 version of A Little Princess, which had I somehow never seen. I've seen other versions, just not this one. It's not too bad, waaaaay 90's! I had no idea Alfonso Cuaron directed it, but he always seems to do female-centric stories, so it makes a lot of sense. I knew I recognized the woman who played Miss Minchin, and it turns out it's the woman who played Patsy's mom from Ab Fab. My biggest issue with the film was the change in setting. I don't see why this needed to be set in NYC, in fact, based on the premise, it doesn't make any sense at all. But it was still a fun movie to watch and I enjoyed it! We'll see what I end up with tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment