Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, April 24, 2020

STFAH: Day 33

Well, I'd say today was better than yesterday, in general, though it started so late I feel like I haven't done much, though I guess I really have when you think about it. I woke up around 8am and fell back to sleep and the next thing I knew it was 11:07am!!! So much for getting anything done in the morning!

We ordered Tub's Subs on the phone and then ran out to get it. It was the first time I have left the apartment building since last Saturday, I believe. Tried the chicken Caesar sandwich and the garlic pasta salad. Both are really good! While we ate, we watched my Alphabet Movie.

Afterwards, I took out a load of garbage/compost/recycling and grabbed the mail. I watched a couple videos on youtube, and worked on my writing for a while. I actually managed quite a bit of writing this afternoon.

I tried out the sudoku puzzles again, this time trying the "difficult" and "moderate" ones to see if they are any different. I didn't really find them any more or less difficult than the "easy" ones. This is leading me to believe that it's not a logic issue for me. It's a patience and attention span issue. I'm going to keep trying them, but they definitely don't come automatically to me. I guess you can't teach a Gryffinpuff to play a Ravenclaw game!

On the foot front, it's feeling very good today and the swelling is minimal. Both of them, however, are cold, so I have thick winter socks on them. It's super cold here and has been all week but for some stupid reason I keep wearing shorts instead of switching to long pants.

Today's movie was Obvious Child, from 2014.
This one was much better than yesterday's movie, that's for sure! It's definitely rated R for a reason, and it deals with some controversial subjects, so watch with discretion. But, I really liked this one. Jenny Slate is really good in it.

Leftover sandwich and made some Top Ramen for dinner tonight. Watching Iron Man 3 in our ongoing MCU rewatch. No weekend plans yet, except tomorrow is "The Perfect Date," so we will be watching Miss Congeniality, at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment