Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, April 28, 2020

STFAH: Day 37

I got up a bit earlier than usual this morning and finished the book I've been reading. When Heaven and Earth Changed Places. This is the true story of one woman's survival during the Vietnam War. I highly recommend this book, but I would give a trigger warning for rape, torture, and war-related deaths written in detail. It's a painful read, but it's an important read too.

I did my new usual stuff today. Youtube videos followed by some Black Lighting episodes on Netflix, and finished up with my movie for the day. I managed to eat breakfast today, not something I've been doing a lot since this all started. Took out the garbage/compost/recycling and picked up the mail. Got a refund check from the phone company after cancelling our account with them. Now I just need my credit union to open...or to at least get to it to deposit it through the ATM. I don't have a smartphone so I can't do the remote deposit option, sadly. I also read for a while.

In other chores done today, I swept my bathroom and the kitchen, and got all the dishes under control. Very exciting!

Today's Alphabet Movie letter was Q, and my options were sparse, but I ended up with a fantastic movie called Queen, from 2014.
This was a subtitled Indian movie and I really loved this one. A young woman from India is dumped on the eve of her wedding and ends up going on her honeymoon to Paris by herself. When she gets there, she meets a bunch of people who would become lifelong friends and learns a lot about herself. It has some great foodie moments and a great ending that I won't spoil. I highly, highly recommend this one! This is the best thing about this movie project. I have watched both movies I have never had a chance to watch yet, and movies I would never have thought to try otherwise. If you are in a position to do something like this, you really should. It's a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment