Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, May 1, 2020

STFAH: Day 40

40 days and 40 nights...I haven't been fasting in a desert, but I bet fasting in a desert is actually more interesting than my life has been. I'm kidding! It actually haven't been too bad. Sure I hit a bit of a wall yesterday, but I bounced back today. What did I do to get myself started off better than yesterday? I set my alarm clock and got up at 9am. I'm hoping it'll make me more tired at night so I got to sleep a bit earlier too. I mean, eventually I'll return to work and have to return to a normal schedule. I'll do better if I'm already on a regular schedule before that time.

I did my usual new routine of Youtube videos, Black Lighting episodes on Netflix, then my movie of the day. We planned a big Red Robin dinner so I ate light all day to leave more room for that. We ended up doing a trip to Bartell's as well prior to picking up dinner, so I was able to get a bunch of stuff from my shopping list for Sunday purchased today. This will mean less time in a busier grocery store, which is nice.

I tried a new activity today. I bought a package of origami paper from Powell's bookstore in Portland to support them during this time, at the same time that I bought the sudoku puzzle book. I looked up how to make an origami flamingo, cuz I love flamingos so much, but it turns out that's way too hard for an origami beginner. I ended up making what the website called pelicans, but I think they look more like swans to me. Take a look and let me know what kind of birds they look like to you.

I need to come up with names for them. Since we don't have any pets anymore, I'm just gonna make a bunch of origami animals and I don't have the heart to recycle them, so I'll make an origami animal zoo, maybe.

It turns out that origami is really hard! I need a lot more practice before I try the flamingo again, but I am determined to make one sometime.

Today's Red Robin dinner consisted of my favorite teriyaki chicken burger and fries, onion rings, and strawberry lemonade and it was all sooooo delicious! Now that we live closer to the mall it's easier to go there more often. We've been doing really well about not going out to eat too often, maybe one meal on the weekend, so sometimes getting takeout is such a nice treat! It's easy to take for granted in normal times, but in times like these, it's really special.

I managed to write a little bit today. Next week I should get to the point where I can type up what I have and live-write the rest of the chapter.

Today's Alphabet Movie letter was T, and I chose the 1990 cinematic treasure, Tremors.
I always thought this movie was a horror movie, so I avoided it, but it turns out it's just a horrible movie. I mean, I know it's listed as a comedy, so it's probably poking fun at the genre, but it's just a bad movie. One fun point of interest: It's got the little girl from Jurassic Park in it. Also a very young Reba McIntyre long before her sitcom. But I would say this is safe to skip if you're never seen it unless you're in the mood for a really cheesy movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment