Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, May 2, 2020

STFAH: Day 41

Lazy, lazy Saturday today, but that's ok cuz it's the weekend! Lounged around and watched stuff on Youtube and then we switched over to our MCU rewatch. We've gotten through Captain America: Civil War, Dr. Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2 so far. I don't think we have time for another movie tonight so we'll do more tomorrow after we get home from grocery shopping tomorrow.

Today my cousin's boyfriend stopped by to drop off some Safeway Monopoly tickets for us since they're not playing and we are. It was nice to see a relative even if only for a couple minutes. I wore a mask and we were outside, so it was pretty safe social-distance-wise. We didn't win anything, but we have a lot of coupons and instant win tickets to get some free food tomorrow, so that'll be nice.

Dinner tonight was breakfast for dinner and it was delish! I ate so much French toast and I don't regret any of it. I was going to make muffins today but I decided not to. Just didn't feel like it. Sometime next week we might stop by our parents to get some stuff and drop some stuff off, so I might make them then to be able to share them.

In the new-apartment front, we hung up some posters in our living room today, and I think they look fun!

You can see Shawn Spencer on the tv screen. We're finishing out the evening with an episode in our rewatch. And you can also see Freddie Flamingo's head. The two matching shelves with books? Those are all the Baby-Sitters Club books that I saved all my life and I am so lucky to have space to put them all out on display cuz they deserve to be seen!

I also put off doing dishes all week, and for some reason, Saturday night seemed like just the perfect time to do them, so I did the majority of those tonight too. Not a terribly exciting day, but it was nice, and that's all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment