Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, May 28, 2020

STFAH: Day 67

Today I really did STFAH. I started off ok, but for some reason my head decided to have sinus problems so bad it nearly turned into a migraine. I took sudafed and it started kicking in and I felt better but was still headachy so I took tylenol which finally worked. I also drank a nice big mug of caffeinated tea and all of that seemed to do the trick, but I was left with a "headache hangover" for the rest of the day. No fun. Plus it was hot out so I definitely did not go out to walk.

I did, however, make an oven dinner, which is always good on a hot day. But it was my sister's recipe she'd always wanted to try and I promised I'd make it for her during her week off of vacation, so it was dinner tonight and will be leftovers tomorrow. It was actually really tasty! Here's the recipe, if anybody is interested. It's a bit prep-heavy, but it was worth it. And I think you could make this ahead of time and leave it in the fridge and bake it closer to dinner, you'd just need longer in the oven. I made drop biscuits and roast asparagus to go with it and it was all really satisfying as a meal.

I tried to find a 10 movie today but had no luck, so I decided to abandon the number thing and watched a movie that a Twitter friend mentioned the other day. I'd seen it before, but for some reason, I hadn't liked it much the first time through. I decided to give it a second try.
The King's Speech, with Colin Firth. I don't remember why this didn't work for me the first time, but it definitely worked the second time around. I quite liked it, in fact. I think I'm still going to try focusing on movies I haven't seen before, but this time I'll just choose them at random, not as part of a pattern. Especially since I'll be going back to work off and on starting next week.

I finally managed to get a tiny bit written for my chapter. I keep forgetting and/or putting it off. Something in me is just resisting writing this part of the chapter, for some reason. I think it's because I am worried I won't be able to pull it off. This chapter is about a hunt, and I know nothing about hunting, and I'm not the biggest fan of it, to begin with. But it's important to my character, so I have to do it. Hopefully I'll feel good enough tomorrow to work on it some more.

Other than that, I hung out online and fought some trolls and white people trying to dictate the terms of how and why people of color can protest. And I did some sudoku. And I researched pillows. My neck has been giving me problems for months and I need to find a better pillow, but I can't figure it out. I also reached out to my doctor's office to get the ball rolling to renew my meds. I'm going to see if I can do it without having to go to my annual checkup, but we'll see.

Tomorrow, I need to look at my cookbooks that I pulled out to try out. I have more ingredients on hand now so I might be able to make a full meal out of each one. I need to at least make one thing from each so the ingredients don't go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment