Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, May 17, 2020

STFAH: Day 56

Today started out with me tapping into my great grandfather Heinrich Weitzel, aka, Henry Whitesell's butchery skills. We maxed out what we could buy at the stores yesterday, meat-wise, since it's currently being rationed. This morning I prepped it and got it all into the freezer for future use. There is no longer any space in the freezer, so we're done stocking up for now.

In an appropriately titled movie for my morning activity, my sister and I started our day with lunch and watched Knives Out. It's a gem of a mystery if you haven't seen it yet. I highly recommend it.
When the movie ended, before switching over to Twin Peaks for the rest of the day, we went out on a walk for a bit of exercise. There were a lot of people out at the same time, the weather is really nice today. Some of us had masks, some of us did not. It was pretty easy to social distance though. I managed to get a picture of the day but my camera's battery is almost dead so I'll have to charge it tonight. I ran across this and couldn't not take the picture. I don't recall seeing it before, so I'm pretty sure somebody put this up over the last couple days...
"Up on the rooftop..."

We came back and have been watching Twin Peaks ever since. Homemade pizza for dinner tonight and I used up a package of phyllo cups from the freezer by making little pizza bites that were super easy and super delish! Leftovers tomorrow. I also managed to do three loads of laundry today too. A good blend of relaxing and productive today. That's how I like Sundays to be, in general. It almost felt like a normal day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment