Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, May 26, 2020

STFAH: Day 65

Today started off with a bit of a deviation from the norm. My sister is home this week on vacation and her plans fell through, and we had Safeway coupons that expire on Thursday that we wanted to take advantage of, so we started the day with a trip to the store to utilize the coupons. We won't go there this coming weekend.

We brought lunch home from the store and ate while watching an episode of Twin Peaks. Then I found one of my movies to try. Code 8, a sci-fi movie out of Canada.
This one was ok, I kind of lost interest about half way through, but the concept was interesting. Sort of and X-Men meets police state concept.

My walk today was glorious. The temperature and weather were perfection and at least on the way out, there was hardly anybody on my route. I actually took off my mask for large chunks of time until people started getting closer. I had to take two pictures instead of one because they were both cool.

Somebody has been stacking rocks on this grate. The two on the sides were there yesterday, but the third on the outside was new today. And this rose with the beetle was on the side of a church. There is one lone rose bush and they were blooming and beckoning me over to look. They were warmed from the sun, you could actually feel heat emanating from them, and the smell was so amazing! It was a magical moment. Right at that time the heat become scorching and it was glorious, but it only lasted a minute before the breeze picked up again and I started my walk back home again. One good reason to take your mask with you when you go out on a walk: The cottonwood fluff is exploding right now. On the way back, it was like walking through a snow globe. I'm pretty sure I would have inhaled some if I hadn't been wearing one!

When I got back I took a shower, which I always do on a day I go to the store, and then I settled in on my bed and read for a while. Then it was another episode of Twin Peaks and onto Charmed for the evening.

I'm going to contact my work tomorrow to get the ball rolling for next week. I need to start coming in to retrain and finish cross training regardless of what phase our county is in. Our business I believe is considered essential because even in a pandemic, the courts are open, and people need to have access to legal services. It sounds like I'll be coming in a couple days a week, on an "as needed" basis for the next couple months at least, so it'll still be a slow reentry into the work world, but my boss assured me that my pay and healthcare will still be covered, regardless. That makes me feel really lucky and cared for. The items I ordered last week to help deal with the bus arrived, so I'm feeling more ready. I have a new lunch bag that's machine washable. And I bought a package of cotton gloves to wear on the bus so I don't have to touch anything. Germs might still get through but I would never do anything without washing my hands once I get to the office anyway. And I ordered a set of 5 machine washable bags to use to replace my backpack for the foreseeable future. I want to transport things that will have to go on the bus in something that's washable. This way I can put it in the laundry each night and wash them over the weekend. I have one N95 mask left from the bad forest fires we had a couple years back and needed it to go outside with my asthma, so between that and my other thicker mask, I should be ok on the bus.

Tomorrow's grand adventure is going to be a trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment