Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, May 3, 2020

STFAH: Day 42

Today was grocery shopping day. We did two stores, Safeway and Fred Meyer. Got most of the stuff on our lists, but they're still out of certain items. Baking products are still hard to find. I bought the world's most expensive bag of almond flour so I could experiment with French macarons sometime soon. Maybe sometime this week. I also got a good deal on a copy of Knives Out so I'll be having fun with that one soon. I loved that movie so much!

The rest of the day consisted of a shower, two loads of laundry, and three more MCU movies: Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, and Black Panther. That one is still one of my favorite MCU movies. It's just so good!

We found out today that certain Goodwill stores will be opening soon so I'm going to try to spend some time really evaluating what's in our "give away" pile to make sure I can't use anything anywhere else or see if anybody else wants before I finalize it and hopefully we can free up that space soon! I'll be able to use the treadmill again as soon as that stuff is gone. I can't wait!

My water challenge went pretty well this week. I may not make my goal today but the grocery shopping cut into the first half of my day. I want to work on my sleeping this week. It's pretty typical of me to let myself get out of hand with sleep. Staying up too late, not getting enough sleep, etc, and now that I'm not working or leaving the house much, there hasn't been much reason or motivation to go to bed at a decent time and get up at a decent time. But I can feel it starting to take its toll on me and I need to start working on getting it under control. One day I will be going back to work and I'll need to have it under control by then. I might as well start now. My goal this week will be computer off by 11pm and then get ready for bed and reading in bed till I fall asleep. I have my alarm set for 9am, which should be plenty of time. It's after my sister goes to work so I won't interfere with her morning schedule and will give her a little bit of time alone without me around. I think that's important during this time, alone time when we can't do much except hand out at home most of the time.

This week should be pretty tough for movies. Tomorrow might not be so hard, with T, but I might not have many choices for the other letters. We'll see what I can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment