Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, May 6, 2020

STFAH: Day 45

Today was another pretty good day. Nothing too exciting happened, it was just nice. I have been getting up with enough time in the morning to watch The Golden Girls, which is always a great way to start the day. I really felt like I could have done another walk outside today, but I still need to do every other day at least for this week after the set-back I had a few days ago. I made the mistake of sleeping with socks on my feet that were too tight and they ended up curled up all night long and set off tendon pain for a few days. It actually messed up both feet, so those socks will be added to the Goodwill pile.

I managed some writing today and I think I'm finally to the point where I'll be able to type out what I've handwritten and then finish the chapter on the computer. It's exciting! One of the other things I did today was work on the IOUs. My sister and I split rent and bills and lately, grocery and takeout receipts since the best way to get in/out of stores is paying everything in one transaction and figuring out the bill later. Well, later was today!

Today's dinner was the last of the pork chops, the red potatoes that had sprouted and needed to be used up, and other veggies turned into stew. It was really good! Don't worry, I cut out all the potato sprouts first. The original plan was to use the russets, but the reds needed to be used up asap. I also discovered my yellow bell pepper and three tomatoes need to be used up very soon too, so I'm going to find a recipe or two to use them with. We'll see what I come up with. Salsa or pasta sauce feels too obvious, but who knows.

Today's Alphabet Movie letter was W, so I had a few more options, but I went with one I saw the other day thinking it was V but it was just W written oddly to look like two V's. 2015's The Witch.
It's actually The Witch, not the VVitch...It's a horror movie, which I generally don't do, but it was more of the thinky horror than the slasher horror, though there was some slashing involved. It took from New England stories of the Puritans and the Witch trials, etc, and then played right into all the witchy stereotypes. Apparently Satan is a goat??? And witches are his minion-wives??? See, this is what I don't get, and I had a discussion with a friend about this once. These low-level demons are basically crap cuz they go after one family or one village and wreak havoc on them. But where's their vision? If they're so pro-Satan, why aren't they aiming higher? Terrorizing a few people might be fun for a while, but it doesn't really get maximum results, ie, new followers. This is how you can tell it's all just people letting their imaginations run away with them. It's ultimately just silly. And yet, no, I still will not be watching The Exorcist any time soon, thank you very much. I'm not gonna tempt fate...! Satan and his minions can stay the f--- away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment