Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, May 31, 2020

STFAH: Day 70

Today felt like an almost normal Sunday. I did some chores, 2 loads of laundry, a load of dishes, draino'd the bathroom sink, and some baking and cooking. I made a vanilla cake, from a mix, but I don't care. Made them as cupcakes, regular and mini and they were tasty! We did brunch, used some stuff from the freezer, and then I made my dinner, which didn't quite work out.

Most of the day was spent watching Charmed, but I stayed up late last night doing some by-hand writing and did take the time today to type it out. My goal is to finish writing my chapter tomorrow. I heard from my coworker and we're going to aim for Tuesday to go in, to give downtown an extra day to deal with the protests. They're protesting again tonight in spite of a second night of garbage curfews. 5pm?! Ridiculous!

Tonight I made a recipe from one of my cookbooks I've never cooked from before and I didn't quite like it, but because it's the type of meal that might get better by the next day, I am withholding my final judgement until then. If I like it better, I'll share the pictures and write about it a little more. I ended up with frosted flakes, a piece of cheese, and a cupcake instead. I feel like something salty though, so I might have a pickle later on...

That was really it for the day. I did some more talking on Twitter and Facebook about activism. Did some more sudoku. Pretty low key day, and I really can't believe it's day 70 of this! It'll be really weird to go back to work now, especially since it'll be so off-and-on for a while. But it'll be nice to have a little more to look forward to doing. It'll be really strange when things are more normalized again and I'm working full time. I'll have to get used to it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment