Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, May 23, 2020

STFAH: Day 62

Today was a pretty lazy day. It was basically all about getting and eating food and watching Twin Peaks. I did manage to do a load of dishes, though. So I guess I can't say I was totally lazy.

We started the day with a quick trip to Fred Meyer, in spite of trying to go to grocery stores every other week and this is the off week, but we needed a new vacuum because the one we have is spewing stuff everywhere, which kind of defeats the purpose of a vacuum cleaner. The new one we got is very slim, so that'll be nice to use. Our configuration is better than it was in the other apartment so it should help me to vacuum more often. I quite like having a clean floor!

Our next trip was the the Top Pot Donuts in Wedgwood. I've never actually gone to one, I usually pick up their donuts at the grocery store, but stores are only selling them by the dozen now so people don't touch the items on accident picking them out themselves. It was really nice. Everybody had masks and gloves, the patrons all had masks and social distanced. The cashier wiped down the credit card and handed it back to us in the towel so it never touched her hand a second time. She also wiped down the pen we used to sign before and afterwards, so it felt very safe. The donuts are the best, as always, and just what we needed for a Twin Peaks marathon. We will be back.

The next stop was getting Chinese food for lunch. We went to Judy Fu's Snappy Dragon which was a first for me and I really liked it. I have enough leftovers to last the weekend. It's pretty expensive, but it's handmade and I know for a fact that Chinese cuisine is very involved and intricate and people deserve to earn a living, so I'm ok with it. I might not be able to get it very often, but when I do, I don't mind.

Once we got home we settled in for food and Twin Peaks and have been watching ever since. I've been working on my sudoku puzzles while I watch. I'm not as good at the moderate ones, which is discouraging, but I just need more practice. Pretty much the same planned for tomorrow, though we might take a bit of a break for a walk. I'll take a picture, if we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment