Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, May 13, 2020

STFAH: Day 52

Today was pretty much like every other day. I did take the time to organize my Safeway Monopoly coupons and wrote out a list, with the help of the weekly ads, for our shopping trip this coming weekend. It'll be easier and faster in the store to get through and take as much advantage of it as possible.

Last night I ordered a sunflower pattern mask from a Black-owned Etsy shop and today I got an email saying it had been sent out already. I can't complain about that turnaround time! I'm trying to support more businesses of color, not only during this pandemic, but in general. As we like to say, we vote with our dollars, but what we really mean is, our money has power behind it, so it's an important part of antiracism work to financially support businesses of color whenever possible. I'm really excited for my mask because sunflowers are my favorite flowers! I saw the pattern and just fell in love with it.

My muffins from last night are still good today, which was really excited. Muffins don't usually last that long, so I'm excited that they're still good. I'm going to eat one for dessert tonight but I'll see if the last one will be good tomorrow.

My walk today was so lovely. I went the other direction than I've been going recently and I found that it hurt my feet less. The ground is less curved so my feet and toes aren't always trying to grip the ground and tilting this way and that. There were more sidewalks the direction I went, which helped too. I would say it was a bit less beautiful, surrounding-wise, though. But I think my walk picture is quite beautiful. I took it right at the start. It was too pretty to ignore.
Now that my Alphabet Movies are over, I want to keep watching new movies each day, so I'm trying to keep it going with numbers. Some type of connection, doesn't have to be exact, to numbers. So, today's would be 1. And I didn't find any movies with just 1 or one in the title, but I found one that I thought stayed within the spirit of what I'm aiming for.
1996's The First Wives Club, a movie that came out the year I graduated high school and have never seen even all these years later. I was impressed and amused by this movie. I thought it was a pretty good message. I love Diane Keaton, and who can say no to Goldie Hawn and Bette Midler either? I really enjoyed this one!

Tonight's dinner was a new recipe I tested that turned out pretty good. Basically a chicken potpie-type sauce with chicken and veggies, and then you add frozen potato pierogies that I happened to have on-hand. It called for cheddar potato, but mine were just potato, but it was still a great meal! Here's my pro-tip for cutting recipes down if you don't need a full amount. Cut the main items in half, meat, veggies, etc, but keep any sauce or liquid part, the full amount. That way you'll get plenty of gravy or sauce and nothing will dry out and it'll be extra delish. Especially when you reheat the next serving, it'll be less likely to dry out. I'm likely to eat the leftovers Friday, as tomorrow we'll probably pick up sandwiches on the way home from Erin's work tomorrow.

More Charmed reruns tonight. I have to try and get an early night's sleep as I have to get up super early tomorrow to escape the fire alarm testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment