Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, May 30, 2020

STFAH: Day 69

Today I did not stfah, I went out three times! Grocery shopping this morning when there was a lull in the morning thunder storm. People were out driving in protest for George Floyd all through the neighborhood, so when we got back, I scarfed down some breakfast, cut up a paper grocery bag, the only thing I had to write on, made a sign, and went back outside. I walked up and down Lake City Way and occasionally stood a corner here and there for a little over an hour. I stopped after my sprained foot started to hurt, my lower back was killing me, and my arms felt like they were going to fall off. It's really hard to hold a sign above your head for almost an hour!
Afterwards, I came home and we ordered Heaven Sent Chicken, which is a Black-owned restaurant up the street. It felt like the appropriate place to support today.

I wanted to do some baking and cooking today, but I was just tired after that. I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep, so I'm also tired from that too. We've been watching Charmed all afternoon and evening, now that we're done with Twin Peaks.We finished season two and started season three. Laundry day tomorrow, hopefully I'll find out if they need me at work on Monday so I can plan it out best.

No comments:

Post a Comment