Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, May 18, 2020

STFAH: Day 57

I spent the first part of the day watching Golden Girls reruns on tv, and then all the specials on the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker dvd. There was a full length film about the history of Star Wars and the final movie. It was really well done and showcased how many women and people of color are now working behind the scenes in the movies. Not just on screen, but editors, stunt coordinators, 2nd unit directors, etc. There is a lot more diversity now than there was when the movies began. It's encouraging and exciting to see that the world of Star Wars is truly for all, and not just mostly white boys.

After that, I took out the garbage, compost, and recycling and came back to get lunch ready. I watched my movie, and did some chores in the kitchen, including putting dishes away, repackaging and freezing the hotdogs my sister bought that were still sitting in the fridge, and putting the spices that arrived last week into their bottles.

I watched some youtube videos and then went on my walk. I've found going after 4pm is best for the route I take because the sun is below the tree tops and cools it down significantly. It was the perfect temperature today and had just the right amount of a breeze to make the walk so lovely!
The computer super freaked out when I tried to upload this picture. For some reason, my camera shot this picture and it was 6 MBs in size so I think this blog system doesn't like to upload something so big. I had to resize this to get it to work, and now it's fine. This lady bug was too cute to resist!

My movie of the day was 3 Generations.
It's the story of one family coming to terms with having a transgender child. I thought this was pretty well done, but it would have been nice if they'd used an actual transgender actor instead of a cisgender actress, but the story itself was solid. And as always, is there anything Naomi Watts doesn't do better than everybody else? She is just so amazing!

Charmed reruns tonight, along with leftover pizza, salad, and fruit. I don't know if it's part of being more isolated from the fun stuff in life, but fruit is so delicious right now. It's a good reminder that there's still simple things in the world to make your day better, even in the midst of all this. Taco Tuesday tomorrow night!


No comments:

Post a Comment