Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, May 5, 2020

STFAH: Day 44

Nothing terribly exciting happened today but it was a nice day anyway. I started off by doing one item from my to-do list. I paid my tithe for March and April. I was able to do it online, so that was nice. I watched some videos on Youtube, did a couple episodes of Black Lightning, and watched my movie for the day.

One of the good things that happened was my Kukuruza popcorn order arrived. They had a great deal a couple weeks back that my sister and I split in order to help support them. They have amazing popcorn! I can't wait to start eating it.

The other highlight of the day was my walk. The city closed off the street up from ours as one of the streets in the city where you can walk 24/7 without worrying about cars. It allows for better social distancing when people can walk in the street and aren't stuck only on the sidewalks. It was so warm and sunny and just gorgeous today! My foot was having a tough day yesterday but was better by today. The walk felt so good, and my leg muscles felt better too. I haven't been able to walk around the new neighborhood much because I've been injured and don't know my way around too well yet. I got a little lost, but knew the general direction I needed to get back home. It was nice to have the luxury to get out of the house for a while and just wander around. I found this cut through that reminded me of the White Way of Delight from the Anne of Green Gables books. At least until I saw the creepy guy randomly sitting in the grass by a fence. Nothing happened, he didn't even seem to notice me, but it did mar the moment a bit. I finished off the delightful walk with a lovely shower when I got back home.

I wasn't able to find a V movie in the category I've been using so I had to go to the general search function and see what they had under V. I found a cute romcom from 2010 called Valentine's Day.
It's a Garry Marshall film and has a lot of people from the Princess Diaries movies that he did. It also has just about every famous person from 2010 in it. I'm honestly shocked that it had such a huge cast of really big names. It's cute, if you like romcoms. I found it amusing and a good way to spend an afternoon.

No tacos for me today, dinner was leftover pork chops and potatoes. Very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment