Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, May 16, 2020

STFAH: Day 55

Today we ended up doing our grocery shopping as soon as I got up and I got items that will work for the first two cookbooks I've been perusing to try recipes from. I should be set to try them over the next two weeks. I was finally able to get some yeast at the store too. I only bought two strips because I wanted to leave plenty for others. I'll be set for some time to come now, and it'll open up more options for me with the cookbooks.

We were going to watch a couple movies and start Twin Peaks, but only had time for one movie and Twin Peaks. The other movie will happen tomorrow. The movie was Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. I bought it a long time ago but never had time to watch it, and have been looking forward to it since I brought it home.
I loved this movie when I saw it in the theatre and it holds up after time passed and I could see it again knowing what I know about the story. No spoilers, but I love how this movie ends. It's possibly one of my favorite movie endings of all time. I am and always will be, a huge Rey fan.

Then we launched into our Twin Peaks rewatch. We've been wanting to do this for a while so I'm excited it's finally here!
We will eventually watch the Fire Walk With Me movie and the Return, since we own all of them.

No walk today since we did the shopping and my foot was cramping by the time we were done, but I'm going to hopefully manage one tomorrow. In between the movie and the show, maybe. Free Safeway French bread and roast chicken dinner tonight, leftovers tomorrow for lunch, homemade pizza for dinner!!


No comments:

Post a Comment