Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, June 1, 2020

STFAH: Day 71

Today was Golden Girls all morning as I got up early to try and get back into a normal pattern for when I go back to work. It was fun, they showed the series finale and then started over with the pilot, neither of which I'd seen before. After that I started doing some chores. Cleaning the bathroom, taking out garbage/compost/recycling. I also paid rent/bills, and placed a book order with Mahogany.com for another set of books on racism. After my first order with them, they sent me an e-coupon for 10% off my next order, so I save a bit of money on it too, which is nice!

I had intended to work on my writing today, and didn't watch a movie in hopes of having more time, but I just didn't have the mindset for it. There's too much going on in the world right now, and writing a novel doesn't feel important right now. I ended up watching the governor's press conference about the protests. We don't get CNN anymore since we ditched most of cable, so I read about all the horrible things the POTUS wants the cops and states to do to protesters and I cannot stand that man. We absolutely have to vote him out of office in November, and if there's a way to get him out sooner, legally, even better.

My dinner wasn't good the second time around either, so I'll save myself the trouble of writing about it. I still like the cookbook, though. And one day when I have more access to specialty ingredients like a fresh coconut, and rice flour, I might be able to try out some of the other recipes I wanted to try, but couldn't. First world problem of this pandemic is not having immediate access to any type of ingredient my heart desires at any given time. One day...

I did go on a walk today, after my sister got home and helped me throw our old vacuum cleaner into the trash bin. We got a new one when it started blowing stuff onto the floor and into the air. I figure that's the opposite of what a vacuum should do, which is a justified reason to buy a new one! Once again, the sky was stunningly blue, the temperature was perfection, and other walkers were sparse and I was able to have my mask off for some of the time. Luxury! Here's today's picture:

I don't know if this is a flower or just a weird plant, but it's been there since I started walking this route, and it's never changed. I don't know how long it'll last, but it's really cool, I think.

I checked in with my coworker and there's no work yet, so we're gonna see about Wednesday. We'll see how the city is functioning then too, the buses don't run during protests and after curfew. Charmed reruns tonight. Made it into season 4 tonight.


1 comment:

  1. Kniphofia, also called tritoma, red hot poker, torch lily, knofflers or poker plant, is a genus of perennial flowering plants in the family Asphodelaceae, first described as a genus in 1794. It is native to Africa. (Wikipedia)

    ReplyDelete