Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, June 23, 2020

STFAH: June 23, 2020

I worked from home today. Four transcripts and covering the front desk from 2-5 was crazy busy! I haven't had a busy day like this since before the pandemic and I loved every minute of it! There was some down time and I was able to prep a cantaloupe and a can of olives for our taco dinner. I wrapped and froze all the hotdog and hamburger buns and bread we bought at Grocery Outlet this weekend. I did another day in my Me and Antiracism work book. I put away the laundry and several things in my bedroom that needed to be organized. I put up the summer decorations, and even attempted to put together our new fan. It didn't work and it's still not assembled, but I might try again tomorrow...

On my lunch hour, I thought it would be smart to go out and do a walk since it was likely to get really hot by the afternoon. I was wrong! It was sweltering and I was sweaty by the time I was done, and now the wind and clouds have rolled in and it's much cooler. Go figure! I forgot I pulled a calf muscle too until I was too far into the walk, but it was the effort that matters. I need to find stretching routines to watch and try beyond just the stuff for my back and shoulders.

I came back from the walk and read on my bed for a while until my lunch hour was over. I'll be working from home again tomorrow and maybe I'll try some editing for my book in the off time. Hallmark channel was not coming in clearly today so I channel flipped and ended up on PBS for the afternoon. I need to keep that in mind, it's pretty nice!

We watched the second episode of season one of Stranger Things tonight before switching over to Charmed. We're gonna finish out season seven of that today. My new chair is due to arrive tomorrow. Hopefully back pain relief is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment