Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, June 30, 2020

STFAH: June 30, 2020

So last night was rough and I only ended up getting half a night's sleep. There are some issues with the new apartment that have come to a head, but we're going to reach out to management to see if we can resolve some of them. We also did some rearranging in the front room that is making some difference too. It just feels a little more spread out than it did before. I also took out two loads of recycling, garbage, and compost, which helped empty the place out too. I also filled and ran the dishwasher.

Working from home was actually pretty steady today. I worked out the stuff with work this week too. I'll go into the office alone on Thursday after my doctor's appointment to process stuff and help with the read/signs that two people will be coming in to do. Then we get to have Friday off, after all. I'm not going into the office tomorrow, so I'm really paring down my bus riding this week, which is good.

Nothing terribly exciting happened outside of some communication with my sister about where we see ourselves in a few years. We feel the time has come to start purposefully saving money for a house. We both have a good start, we just need to keep working on it. I've never really contemplated home ownership before because I've never been in a position to afford it, but I can see how it might work in a few years. This pandemic is ruining any hopes of a vacation in the next several years, so we might as well stockpile any money saved up and use it for a downpayment on a house. I mean, only time will tell, but nothing will happen if I do nothing, right?

Tomorrow if I can muster the energy and creativity, I might work on editing my book during slow times. If I could be successful with my book one day, that would definitely help in the home ownership department!

No comments:

Post a Comment