Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, June 24, 2020

STFAH: June 24, 2020

Another day of working at home and it wasn't as busy with work so I did a lot of housework. I did a thorough cleaning of my bathroom, took out garbage/compost/recycling, and finished setting up the fan which has been on all afternoon and is lovely! I did a chapter of my antiracism book, and later in the afternoon, my chair arrived so I dragged it upstairs and set it up. I was really excited because it wasn't too difficult to set up and it seems to be supporting my back better so far. It has a head rest which is really nice!

First picture is a back view, second is from the side. I am calling it my Stormtrooper chair because that's obviously what it is!

I did a load of by-hand dishes and a load in the dishwasher, swept the kitchen floor, switched out towels, and bleach wiped every handle in the house, as well today. It doesn't sound like much, but I woke up tired and I am beat! I go into the office tomorrow and hopefully I'll sleep well tonight.

Leftover tacos for dinner, thawing chicken for tomorrow's curry and rice dinner. Watching the 3rd episode of Stranger Things and I always feel a bit miffed that they use a cover of Heroes instead of David Bowie's original. It's torture to only watch one episode a day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment