Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, June 4, 2020

STFAH: Day 74

Today was a low-key day, I did a little bit of everything. My sudoku puzzle book has gotten into the "demanding" section and I worked on some but it's very slow-going! I also read some more in the Me and White Supremacy book. I got to the part where it'll be one section per day to read and work on, so I might wait till Monday to start that part to be able to do more when it's not the weekend, which is coming up.

I texted with my coworker and we're gonna go into the office tomorrow between 9 and 9:30am and when we finish up, if I need it depending on what's going on with the buses, she offered to drive me home, which is really generous since she's in West Seattle and I'm in Lake City. I have to admit I'm nervous about going there. I haven't taken the bus since all this started and I haven't worked since the middle of March! I hope I haven't forgotten how to do everything, but I'll probably remember pretty quickly once I get started. I just hope I'm able to stay healthy on the bus and able to social distance everywhere I go. The first time back and doing all this during the pandemic still will be the hardest. I'll get the hang of it in the "new" normal.

My day started with Golden Girls, and at lunch I watched several episodes of Dear White People on Netflix. It's such a good series.

The highlight of my day, was finishing writing my chapter. It's taken me this long to write one chapter, and I put off finishing it because I was dreading writing the hunting scene, for various reasons. I finally forced myself to do it and I did it and it's done now! Now I can go back to editing next week.

After finishing the chapter, I went on my walk and I took several pictures.




The crow was supposed to be the picture of the day, but then I ran across these signs as I walked and I couldn't not photograph them! I think they must be leftovers from the little protest I saw getting set up yesterday. Most of them are clearly made by children, which I love to see! Whoever these parents are, they're raising their kids right!

We'll see what happens tomorrow. I don't know if I'll be home in a timely manner for a walk, or not. I don't know if I should call a day I go into work STFAH in a blog post, since I went to work and did not stay at home, so does my day count end with today? I won't be going to work every day, so on those days that I'm home, do I use it again? I'll have to decide that tomorrow. I will still want to write up the days I go to work during the pandemic, so I'll figure something out...!

No comments:

Post a Comment