Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, June 16, 2020

STFAH: June 16, 2020

I managed to sleep finally last night but it was interrupted and filled with what I would describe as "fever dreams," so it wasn't as restful as I'd hoped it would be. It was pain-free, though, so that was good. I got up at my normal time and went about my normal morning routine. I changed some things though. Sitting in my sister's chair is more comfortable for my back so I spent a lot of time there when I was watching tv. And I took a 2 hour nap that was truly sleep and felt glorious!

I talked and texted with my parents a bit too, filling them in on what's going on right now. It's important to let others know what you're going through.

I finished watching Good Witch on Netflix but the first three episodes of the new season are not available via On Demand so I'll have to wait for them all to air and they get added to Netflix to watch it. I decided to start with Highway to Heaven, which is a great show. My sister suggested I take a bit of a social media break and watch light shows and read light books for a while, and I think she might be onto something.

One of the things I did today which I haven't really done except maybe with a sad movie, since the pandemic began, is cry. It only lasted a few minutes but it felt so cathartic. I need to honor my feelings more and ignore them less.

I'm still not up to regular meals yet, but managed some French fries with lunch. The chicken strip, not so much. Dinner was peanut butter on bread, carrot sticks, and cherries. I only managed half the bread, but I kept it all down, so that's the important thing.

I texted with my boss and Thursday is the soonest we'd go to the office again, and I should be ok enough by then. We're going to work tomorrow to get me set up with the internet stuff so I can cover the afternoons, which will help me feel productive at work each day. We'll see how it all goes!

I'm going to aim for 9 or 10 for bedtime tonight. 10pm needs to become my new normal, eventually, but I might need another early night tonight.

We have some chores set up for me to do tomorrow. Taking out compost/garbage/recycling, and Erin has a baking project she wants done, and I've been having problems finding the motivation to bake, so doing stuff she wants should help. It's hard to bake when you can't share it with others, so if she can take it to share with her coworkers, that should work out. I want to get back into baking and cooking more, and having people to share it with will make that easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment