Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, June 11, 2020

Today I Went to Work: June 11, 2020

Today was a work day, and this time I made sure to eat a lunch halfway through and did muuuuch better! We talked about me taking on some stuff in the afternoons on days I'm not in the office to feel like I'm contributing a bit more, which would be really nice! Some day down the line, I might get set up with a laptop so I can work remotely, but that probably won't be for several months, if I had to wager a guess.

I had to wait longer for a bus this morning but less of a wait this afternoon, so that was nice. I got to work on time anyway. We're not coming in tomorrow so we don't have to deal with the traffic from the general strike. I don't plan to join in the main march, but I might make another sign and walk through my neighborhood for a bit of time. I also plan to read some more of Me and White Supremacy, and see what stuff I can find to watch that might be helpful/educational. It's not supposed to be a day off, it's a day to do antiracism work.

Today I got home early enough to turn around and do a walk. I've been having a lot of pains in my upper arms, shoulder, and neck area lately, and walking seems to make it worse, the swinging my arms back and forth I think makes it worse. I need a new pillow because my neck has been messed up for a while, but I don't know what kind is best. The brand I was using and had success with, changed their formula and now it doesn't work for me anymore. But it was a nice day out this afternoon, I love how blue the sky is on beautiful days. Here's today's picture:
There are signs around the city that they made with local artists and I think they're all so cool! There's another one at the end of my walk that I'll try to capture soon.

Tonight's dinner was Azteca. I got a tamale and a burrito platter and sadly the tamale that was supposed to be chicken, was beef, which I don't eat. But I ate the corn part around it and it was tasty and filling enough. I have some of the burrito left for breakfast tomorrow! I have missed Azteca over the years and I'm really glad we tried it out again finally! Ice cream for dessert. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment