Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, June 15, 2020

STFAH: June 15, 2020

Today was a rough day. I didn't sleep at all, literally, not figuratively, last night from the shoulder pain and I ended up feeling too sick to go in to the office this morning. I found a bunch of youtube videos with stretches and tried them and they're working. I was able to lie in bed without pain for the first time in several days. I kept trying to take naps but it wasn't till about 4:30 that I actually managed to get about an hour's sleep.

I thought I was fine with the changes from the pandemic, but it's taking a toll on me. I think this is rock bottom for me and now I'm going to keep working on solutions to these issues that are creeping up seemingly out of nowhere. I think I'm going to go to bed really early tonight and if I'm lucky, I'll finally sleep through the night.

Check in on the "strong ones" during this time too. We often don't see how this is affecting us until it's out of control. Hopefully now that I recognize the issues, I'll be able to deal with them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment