Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, June 27, 2020

STFAH: June 27, 2020

Today was about procuring and eating as many carbs as humanly possible. We drove to the Wedgewood neighborhood and got some doughnuts from Top Pot and as we were leaving we noticed a bakery directly across the street called The Greatful Bread, so we had no choice but to go and check it out. A sesame bagel, giant peanut butter cookie, and a ham and cheddar croissant later, I was set to come back home for breakfast!

In order to stay on track for our 4th of July season 3 Stranger Things marathon next week, we had to watch three episodes today, which meant we finished out season one today. It's always so exciting! My bff that I usually visit every other Saturday and I have a blog we co-run called Spoilers where we watch shows and then post pictures and quotes from each episode. She's been watching the episodes at her place along with me and we've been doing the pictures and quotes from our own homes. It's been a fun experiment and it might be how we have to keep doing this for some time to come depending on how long the pandemic lasts.

My sister needed a new monitor for her new hard drive, and since there were a few other things we weren't able to get at the grocery store last night, we ran out to Fred Meyer this afternoon. Two grocery stores are out of Jiffy Pop!! I guess everybody else wants that right now, or something...Anyway, we also ordered pizzas from Papa Murphy's because the weather is so cool today we could use the oven. We had some extra time after the store before picking up our pizzas so we drove around a bit and ended up at a Walgreens where I bought some more junk food.

The pizza was sooo good. It's always good, but I swear it was the best I've ever had tonight. Sudoku puzzles, working on our Spoilers posts, and Charmed reruns tonight. Oh, I did do one chore at least: I filled and ran the dishwasher. But I did most of the chores yesterday so I don't feel too bad. I'll do laundry tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment