Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, June 21, 2020

STFAH: June 21, 2020

Today felt like a normal Sunday, for the first time in a really long time. I relaxed and did sudoku puzzles while watching Charmed, but I also did laundry, took out the garbage, compost, and recycling, and made a fantastic pork roast dinner as well.

The plan was to make a pork roast dinner for dinner tonight. I wanted to experiment with the Dutch oven and cook it on the stovetop the whole time instead of use the oven since we're now into summer and I try to avoid the oven as much as possible from now till pretty much, October. I decided we could do a "Sunday dinner" where it was the midday meal and my sister loved that idea so I made it all much earlier in the day. I think it helped keep the place from getting too warm. And it turns out that pork roast in the Dutch oven on the stove the whole time makes a phenomenal pork roast. It's essentially how my mom made pot roast, but with pork. This might be the new way I make it from now on, it was so good! I can't wait for leftovers tomorrow night.

Tomorrow is an office day and depending on when I get home, I'll log in at home when I get back too, till 5pm. I always take a shower after I get home from an office day before I do anything else because of the bus and exposure to too many people downtown. but usually I still have some time after that before 5pm hits. It's nice to have structure in my life again. Something to build my day around, even if it's not exciting or as busy as a normal work day was, it's still more than I've had since I moved in March. I can build a healthy life around this, and I'm very happy about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment