Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Today I Went to Work: June 9, 2020

Today I went to work again and the day just flies by when there's stuff to do! I do need to take the time to eat lunch though, because the days are going longer than expected and the bus wait to get home is long, so I was out of control hungry when I got home this evening.

The day was fine, dinner was delish, and the evening was going just fine until the family texts started pouring in announcing that apparently I and some of the younger generation in our family are essentially being disowned by some of our other family members who are upset at our stance on Black Lives Matter and dismantling white supremacy. I love my family, and I want them to be happy and to feel welcome and loved by them. But I cannot back down on this issue. This change in our country is 400 years overdue and it's more important than any single one of us or family peace. I will continue to fight for what's right, even if it makes for lonelier Thanksgivings and Christmases.

And on that note, I did day two of Me and White Supremacy and wrote about the questions at the end of the section. I don't go into the office again till Thursday most likely, so I'll keep doing one section a day.

I'm still trying to get in touch with my doctor's office as my omeprazole runs out on Friday and I have no more refills. It's definitely too long to wait from Friday to July 2nd to get the refill when I go in to see the doctor without getting a small set to tide me over. Unfortunately, the over the counter version is not good at all and does nothing to help my acid reflux.

I might try to edit a chapter a bit tomorrow. It might provide a good distraction right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment