Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, June 13, 2020

STFAH: June 13, 2020

Today was a full day. We went to my cousin's house to drop off some stuff and ended up staying a couple hours talking about the family civil war and just dealing with our emotions from it. We all wore masks, all the doors were open so the room was very well-ventilated, and we all sat at least 6 feet apart from each other. Normally we wouldn't try something like that, but sometimes you just have to to deal with stuff. This was one of those times. I really miss seeing my family during this pandemic! We might try an outdoor social distancing backyard gathering this summer where we bring our own food and stay far apart from each other.

Next was a trip to Central Market to get some stuff. I needed some bulk items I usually get there and was curious to see if they're still doing bulk things. They are, but its all prepackaged now. It still saves a lot of money so I stocked up on the stuff I needed and got a few other goodies for fun too. It was our first trip there since we moved and the pandemic started.

Then we stopped by our parents' house to drop off and pick up some stuff and we talked a little more about the family drama from this week. I loaned them my copy of White Fragility because I think both of them would get a lot from the book. I know they're ready for this, and it's a great way to get started. I highly recommend the book to all white people trying to figure all this antiracism work out.

After that, we did the rest of our shopping at Safeway. It took two trips to bring everything back up from the car! We also picked up a very late lunch/early dinner from Taco Time. Once lunch was over, I showered, which is necessary after so many stops and interactions with people. It's nice to have my mask off for a while today!!

We watched The Reluctant Dragon for our Disney rewatch and are now settled in for an evening of Charmed reruns and listening to the pouring down rain!! It's quieted down but it was so loud for a while! We had to pause our show and close all the windows because the rain was getting inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment