Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, March 6, 2021

03/6/2021

Today was a big day for me! My sister and I ran out to get McDonald's breakfast to start the day, and then she packed the car with all the stuff for her vacation, and we drove down to the Pike Place Market to spend the morning. I bought a bunch of stuff, including a necklace without any metal in it so I don't have to worry about having an allergic reaction to it. It wasn't too bad crowd-wise till we got ready to leave, around noon. It was getting busier, so I was glad to get away from all the people. My sister dropped me off at Union, and I had to walk to University, just one block down, to find a better way up the street. I did not know that the block between Western and 1st Avenue is a block of stairs, which with my knees and lungs, is a miracle I survived. The walk from 1st to 3rd Avenue was two blocks of extremely steep hills, so again, it was a miracle I made it in one piece to the bus stop. Luckily I only had to wait a few minutes till the bus arrived.

When I got home, I showered and watched an episode of JAG before finally settling in to work on editing my book that I have been putting off for a long time. I had some issues to deal with that my friend helped me with by explaining that editing is done in steps, and the issue I had was something to deal with way down the line, and to focus on the other stuff instead. Once I knew how it works, I could jump right into it. After that, I finally tried out The Crown on Netflix. I watched the first three episodes. I don't know. It's ok so far. I like Victoria better, I think.

I had Pike Place Market food for lunch and dinner today. I'm now getting ready for the new Hallmark movie at 9 tonight. Forgot to mention I had time to read a bit this morning and finished The Turn of the Screw, which is an old ghost story. It's ok, not much actual story to it. And I started a new one from my pile of books behind my bedroom door. The jury's still out on that one, but I want to give it a few chapters before deciding to keep reading or stop.

Super tired today. Lots of food stuff to do tomorrow, so I hope I sleep really well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment