Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, March 27, 2021

03/27/2021

Today was a big grocery shopping day. We got up early and went to Safeway, then headed out to Fred Meyer. We had a bunch of FM coupons that expire soon so we wanted to use them up. We both also needed some household items to look for too. I bought a new electric skillet. They have changed a lot since I moved out of my parents' house way back in the day!

When we were done at the stores, we drove up the street to try out the other nearby teriyaki place, finally. Sadly, it wasn't that good and I don't think we'll go again. We need to keep looking because the one that was closest to us burned down in the fire late last year. It was such good food. It's really important to have a good teriyaki place close to home.

We ate and watched a library movie that was due today. It was cute. Anime. Once we were done, we walked it down and dropped it off at the library before heading back and now we're home for the rest of the weekend. We settled in for SPN reruns on Netflix.

Dinner was pizza rolls that I made to try out a recipe. They were very filling! And delicious, but a lot of work too. I am exhausted! It's funny how before the pandemic, I wouldn't barely be tired from any of this, but now I'm exhausted by it. Hopefully when life gets back to more normal, my energy levels will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment