Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, March 2, 2021

03/02/2021

It was a busy day working from home, but I was still able to get a couple things done. I got dinner prepped. I read a few pages of my book. I watched my On Demand shows. But there was also a lot of back and forth with me, my coworker, and one of the court reporters about some exhibits because she thought she'd sent them to us but they were too big and bounced back to her junk mail and she didn't see it till we asked what the heck was going on. It took all three of us emailing to get it sorted out!

I've been skipping breakfast on home days, and I need to stop that, but I can't seem to settle on a breakfast I like. Overnight oats is so dreary that I can only stand it on office days when I have no choice. But I need something easy and fast to make on home days. I have cold cereal, which I suppose I can do, but that gets boring too. Maybe what I need is a variety of things I could have. Cold cereal one day, hot cereal another day, then maybe something fancier. I do love a good breakfast casserole, and that does freeze nicely. I could make one and freeze portions to thaw the night before...That just might do it! Now to add those ingredients to my shopping list and make one over the weekend...!

Dinner tonight was a new recipe. It was pretty good, but I don't know if I'd make it again or not. Curried Spaghetti with chicken. Pretty good flavor, but the sauce is a little thick. I'll know better tomorrow with the leftovers, since everything always tastes better the next day.

So, it turns out that my sister has seasons 4 and 5 of The West Wing, but forgot, so we're starting season 4 tonight, but will also do an episode of GBBO and JAG before bed. I'm making really good progress on Rich People Problems, and if I try hard, I might even finish it tomorrow and be able to return it to the library. I already had to extend the hold on it once, so I want to finish it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment