Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, March 28, 2021

03/28/2021

Today was a big food day. I baked my muffin recipe for my food blog project. I made tacos for lunch. I made a new recipe to try for dinner. And I tested out four simple marinades for chicken for my sister to try out on a chicken breast. She's trying to do better with her work meals, so I'm helping her when I can. I also filled and ran the dishwasher and did the by-hand dishes. I also rearranged the pot and pan shelf so I can put away our new electric skillet which is bigger than the old one and wouldn't fit where it used to go. 

In non-food chores, I did two loads of laundry and switched out my fall/winter work shirts with my spring/summer work shirts. It's still too cold to switch out my bedding, but probably some time next month. We've had an unusually cold early spring. We're usually well into the 50's this time of year but we've been in the 40's for the most part still.

We finished out the second and final season of Agent Carter today in our MCU watch. Our Disney movie of the week was the Ducktales movie, something neither of us had seen before. We're watching GBBO now and I'll finish the evening out with When Calls the Heart.

A lot of my afternoon was spent on twitter, having a conversation with a complete stranger and some twitter friends, about racism v. prejudice. It was lively but never hostile and it took a long time, but he finally came around to see what we were talking about. It was exhausting, but well worth it. It was great practice for me to get better at this sort of thing.

Tired tonight. Full office day tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment