Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, March 16, 2021

03/16/2021

Today was a busy morning working from home, but it tapered off and was basically done by noon. I had busy work to do, but I was able to get the dishwasher filled and ran it. I prepped some stuff for dinner, and swept the floor. My mom stopped by for a minute after her work to pick up the pie and dropped off a few things. I did take a nice break today, and watched a few episodes of Good Witch. I sat on the porch for a bit and finished editing my first chapter. Lots of little things.

I was really tired today because of how badly I slept on Sunday, but thankfully I slept well last night. Hopefully tonight will be another good night's sleep, and will be back on track.

Somebody on twitter gave me a good idea that as today is the one day anniversary of getting the keys to my apartment downstairs, and beginning the journey of moving over here on the eve of lockdown, and surviving the year, that I should get a reward. So, I explored Etsy and found a few wood and cloth-covered bracelets, and bought some. They should be fun and pretty. I miss having bracelets to wear, so I'm pretty excited!

Dinner tonight was chicken enchiladas, made with the rest of our roast chicken, and a packet of McCormick's enchilada mix, which I have never tried before. It's a bit of a messy process, but it turned out pretty good. I know it's probably awful to use a mix, but I have never come across an enchilada sauce I liked. This was almost more like taco seasoning, so I liked it. Leftover tomorrow.

Our usual shows tonight. Hopefully a reasonable time to bed. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment