Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, March 7, 2021

03/07/2021

Today was a really nice day. I did a little bit of everything. I read a lot in my room. I did laundry. Took out garbage and recycling. Did my blog recipe, which failed, sadly. I edited my story a bit. I prepped the breakfast casserole that I will be baking tomorrow night after work. I made a fantastic chicken stew for dinner and I cannot wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow! I did all the by-hand dishes. I swept the kitchen and bathroom floors, and I cleaned my toilet. It sounds like a lot, and it was, but it was also a really relaxing day. I kept the tv off, for the most part, and I read off and on a lot today. It was great.

The weather was quite a lot to watch today! Several hailstorms. Thunder. Torrential rain. Wind. And sun! It was bonkers! When I was reading in my room, the hail and rain kept hitting against the window right behind me. It was very loud. It's supposed to be less dramatic during the week. I had considered switching out the winter decorations for the spring ones, but decided not to because I just couldn't envision spring flowers in this weather. Maybe tomorrow when I get home from work.

Watching a movie on Netflix now that dinner is done. I will be watching When Calls the Heart at 9 tonight, before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment