Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, March 21, 2021

03/21/2021

Today was a mixed bag. My parents came by and dropped of a couple things they've been holding for us that we decided we had room for in the apartment, so my plan to start my baking around ten got pushed off by about an hour. I did some reading and made breakfast before they arrived. I worked on the bread off and on all afternoon, made a late taco lunch, did two loads of laundry, and filled and ran the dish washer. But I also watched some SPN, Agent Carter, and got our Disney movie of the week, The Little Mermaid, watched and relaxed too.

One of the items my parents brought back was my little freezer which I've had since I moved out of their house but had no room for in the downstairs unit. It's been tough sharing a freezer, so it'll be nice to have more space again.

My baking turned out great, which is really nice after two weeks of fails. I'm currently stuffing my face with a piece of babka now. It's so friggin good...!

I will be watching the new episode of When Calls the Heart tonight before going to bed. Long office day tomorrow. Should be pretty busy, fast-paced, so that'll be nice. All in all, a nice weekend. Nothing super exciting, but enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment