Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, March 30, 2021

03/30/2021

It was a sloooow work day at home today. I had time to do some reading, catch up the dishes in the sink, and did some baking to use up almost all of the leftover candied fruit from Christmas. I tried the first episode of The Witcher. It was meh. Not sure I'll continue with it. I watched Outside the Wire. It was ok. I did a couple episodes of Good Witch. I was thrown off because the Hallmark tv schedule was off by an hour so I had extra time to watch other things once the Golden Girls was over. I did a lot of busy work for work today. It was good to get it done, but a bit uninteresting.

After logging off for the day, I went out for a walk, and dropped off the recycling first. It was a really lovely walk. Still pretty cool out, I needed my jacket the whole time. I heard and saw a woodpecker for the first time in my life, and then its made joined in and it turns out that they poke holes into trees to make nests. I watched one of them stick its head in the hole and I'm pretty sure it was feeding babies. I also tried to direct a crow to eat a beetle that was walking near it, but it ignored me. But the import thing is, I tried.

Dinner tonight was clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. Sometimes you have to do fun fancy things for no good reason. It makes the day more enjoyable.

Typical evening tonight. Another work from home day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment