Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, March 19, 2021

03/19/2021

It was a busy morning working from home today, but it dropped off real fast by the early afternoon. I was able to get all the busy work caught up. I didn't do a whole lot of stuff. I did make some homemade tartar sauce to go with our dinner. And I read a bit. I finished the second half of the second Anne of Green Gables movie I started the other day. It was pretty windy today, but the lights never flickered. I even had time to email chat with my coworker about our weekend plans, something I remember was a big part of our Fridays in the office. The ritual of telling everybody what we planned to do over the weekend. It was fun to do that again, even in email form.

Dinner tonight was oven fries and frozen fish fillets. The first time I did oven fries here, they were too big and didn't crisp up. This time they were a little overdone. I think the next time I'll get it right! They're not hard to make and so delish when done right. The fish wasn't bad either. The tartar sauce turned out great. It's also really easy to make from scratch.

Did an episode of West Wing, and then started Falcon and the Winter Soldier. So good, so far! Waiting for the Hallmark Christmas movie now. Will be making Jiffy Pop...Not an exciting day, but a nice one!

No comments:

Post a Comment