Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, March 10, 2021

03/10/2021

Today was a very slow work day. Like suuuuuper slow. Slowest day since January, really. I spent most of the day decorating the apartment for spring and the tree is now a spring tree and I'm super proud of it! I also read a bit too, and watched an episode of Finding Your Roots, and some episodes of The Good Witch on Netflix. I actually sat out on the porch for a break and read in the sun for a while, till the sun shifted and it was freezing in the shade, so I came back inside. It's fun to see winter beginning to segue into spring. I'm not usually a spring person, I usually don't like it because of allergies, but I think the pandemic is making me see it differently this year. It's a change, and that's important right now!

My sister came home today too. After logging out, we ran to Fred Meyer to get some more spring decorations and the place looks so cute now! My stomach isn't happy with me today, so I bought some chicken strips from the deli to eat with my soup for dinner and called it all good.

Instead of The West Wing, to keep with the feeling of my sister being on vacation, we're watching Supernatural, our weekend show, but we'll be starting over with GBBO tonight too. I'll probably still watch an episode of JAG before bed.

Tired, cuz I'm tweaking my schedule to try and adjust to the time change Saturday night when we "spring forward." I read that it's easier on your body to slowly adjust over the week than all at once. Office day tomorrow so I'll be getting up earlier anyway. Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight. I found a new position for my pillow that seems to be helping my neck so far. A lot less pain. I'll keep trying it out and hopefully it'll just be the new way I position my pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment